- Hi! Glad you're here! Here's a bit about me:I married a Musician With A Day Job from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1990. We have two sons, one daughter, five dogs, one tarantula, and some project always in the works! I am a Rescue Transporter and Animal Welfare Advocate. I'm also a lover all things photography, vintage, retro, DIY, decor, design, sewing, furniture refinishing, upcycling, & repurposing. My hobbies include technology, music, video games, and I particularly adore old movies (especially silent and classic horror movies).Together with The Hubs and our friend, Jay Swisher, we created our business, Shona Skye Creative. We offer photography services and products including portrait photography, corporate photography, jewelry, music, unique one-of-a-link Cosplay props, and decor. We sell our items and services online, at faires and festivals, and by word of mouth. We hope you'll share us!If you would like to know some more weird facts about me (because I *am* weird), click HERE.If you ever have a question or need to contact me, don't even hesitate! Just click HERE.And, BTW, I adore comments and I respond to each and everyone - by E-Mail! So, if you are a NO-REPLY commenter, check out THIS LINK to fix that, so I can chat with you!
What I'm Pinning
Shona Skye Creative by Kristy M Creighton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.shonaskye.com by Kristy M Creighton
Can a self-described hippie chick earn an income? Stay tuned! ;)
OK, I stink at wordless. I just do. I have too much to say. LOL
But, while I was out thrifting this weekend, I ran across this sign. I find all kinds of life lessons thifting, to be honest. Sometimes, it's lessons like, "I have that exact [insert item here] at home, but obviously it's junk." Or, "Be careful what you send to the thrift store, or someone may be making a judgment call on you." (I usually get that one when I'm looking at some incredibly ugly piece of junk and wondering who in the heck had that in their home up until recently.)
This was this week's lesson:
Ain't that the truth?
This is going to be a long post, but it's important. Why? Because bullying is big news right now, both in my community and in the world today. Don't believe me?
- A local school district is dealing with a bullying incident involving a reference to the Newtown shooter and Instagram.
- A school shooting in California seems to have been triggered by bullying.
- Just last week, a little ten-year-old girl committed suicide because of bullying.
- A local mom/blogger I follow had to take her daughter's case of bullying to the local news.
- A friend of my daughter's is the victim of an on-going bullying campaign by a classmate.
- Even my own daughter, who is successful, well-liked, and self-confident, and actually is not your normal victim-type, was the target of someone creating a porn account in her name.
Believe me, there is nothing like dealing with a situation like that head-on and in real life to learn all the ins and outs real quick. But, I'm going to share it with you - with her permission - so you can be aware and proactive.
Bullying is everywhere. And this is my daughter's story.
Hi, my darlings!! This is the last day (hopefully), I'm going to be flat-out behind on my posts. LOL I'm slowly but surely getting caught up after being out-of-commission for two weeks, but with the start of the new year, I'm also just slammed with all kinds of real life stuff clamoring for my attention. It's been tough finding the time to get caught up!
That being said, I managed to squeeze in all my thrift stores this weekend, but it was SLIM PICKINS! OMG!
And, then Nora, a very dear Facebook friend of mine, shared THIS ARTICLE about a movement underway in honor of a very special little Angel in Heaven, Jayden Lamb.
I dare you to read that article without getting tears in your eyes, a lump in your throat, and joy in your heart.
Hey, gang! I'm so behind today and I'm not likely to catch up. I'm still finishing up making the bedroom livable again and I last night, I decided to hit my trash pile (yes, my trash pile) and rescue an old deck board to make a little sumthin-sumthin that I'll be posting later this week! Yes, when I dumpster-dive, I really dumpster-dive.
Some of it you might remember some of these from my Liebster Blog Award post awhile ago. But, I've been lucky enough to get several new followers recently and I thought I would just throw this up to anyone who is curious about Who I Am and what makes me tick. I love to read other bloggers' personal posts and I haven't done too many of those. Soooo, I thought I would share some warts-and-all facts about yours truly! If nothing else, my kids can show it to my grandkids someday.
Anyhoo, if you have nothing better to do, grab a glass of wine or a cup of coffee and let's chat!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you and yours are having a wonderful day, filled with family, stuffing, laughter, turkey, stories, pictures, and pumpkin pie! I hope you don't blow the buttons off your pants and I hope that your cleanup time in minimal.
I want to take a second, though, and share with you what I'm really thankful for. I'm thankful for them all the time, 24/7/365, but, like most of us, I don't say it enough. But, now I have a blog, and so they can't get all shy and stuff. So, here goes...
I don't do politics on this blog. Don't get me wrong. I love a good political debate and I'm pretty active, politically, too. But, normally, this blog is about my other passions. However, I have a couple of things to say to what I've seen in my social media this morning, so I'm making an exception.
I'm squeezing in time today to get a post ready for the blog today, regardless. I work freelance and have several jobs suddenly due all at once. But this blog is important to me too. If it gets shoved to the side to make room for everything else, it can't grow and I don't create.
So my work will get done, but I have to remember to make this new venture important too.
How do you manage your time to make sure that your projects and interests aren't lost in the shuffle?
Hey, there, sunshines!! As we scoot into our last days of November, I don't know about you, but I am finding Christmas coming at me like...
Hi, everyone! If you follow me on FACEBOOK , you saw that I posted a sneak peek of today's project. I have to say, this one is so from...
Hey, there! I'm so glad you stopped by today! Got a chair makeover that I am really excited to share with you! If you follow me over...
Hi there! I'm going to start this blog off with a small job I did over the holidays. This is going to be a simple project, but an e...
If you know me or have noticed the plethora of pictures and links scattered around the side columns of my blog, you know I'm a big adv...
You have heard, I'm sure, the old adage "The cobbler's children go barefoot," right? Well, unless you are talki...
The Hubster was off this past Thursday and Friday and he decided to surprise me! You will have to either guess what he surprised me with o...
Hi, y'all!! I'm so glad you are here! This is the post I shared on Sugar Bee Crafts last week, but I wanted to share it here, too, i...
Last week, in one of my warts-and-all moments, I shared with you the disaster zone that was my closet. Before I could tackle all the fun ...
Hi, guys! I wanted to run this post again, because I've gotten many absolutely wonderful new followers and commenters. Since I am on-th...