Happy New Year! Hope your 2015 is picture-perfect!
- Hi! Glad you're here! Here's a bit about me:I married a Musician With A Day Job from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1990. We have two sons, one daughter, five dogs, one tarantula, and some project always in the works! I am a Rescue Transporter and Animal Welfare Advocate. I'm also a lover all things photography, vintage, retro, DIY, decor, design, sewing, furniture refinishing, upcycling, & repurposing. My hobbies include technology, music, video games, and I particularly adore old movies (especially silent and classic horror movies).Together with The Hubs and our friend, Jay Swisher, we created our business, Shona Skye Creative. We offer photography services and products including portrait photography, corporate photography, jewelry, music, unique one-of-a-link Cosplay props, and decor. We sell our items and services online, at faires and festivals, and by word of mouth. We hope you'll share us!If you would like to know some more weird facts about me (because I *am* weird), click HERE.If you ever have a question or need to contact me, don't even hesitate! Just click HERE.And, BTW, I adore comments and I respond to each and everyone - by E-Mail! So, if you are a NO-REPLY commenter, check out THIS LINK to fix that, so I can chat with you!
What I'm Pinning
Shona Skye Creative by Kristy M Creighton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.shonaskye.com by Kristy M Creighton
If you are like me, you are almost always
For me, the fun of Christmas is really in choosing and giving presents. I keep a running wishlist for myself and I've heard that I ruin everyone else's plans by getting myself what I want or need throughout the year as money permits. LOL I hate the thought of someone fretting over what to get me, but I adore fretting over what to get everyone else! So, I want to share with you one of my favorite gifts to give - one that combines the feel of something handmade and personal with the ease of store-bought, all on a thrifty budget!
Thanksgiving, in our extended family, is my holiday. My mother-in-law does Christmas. My sister-in-law does Easter. But I do Thanksgiving. I have recipes that date back to my great-grandmother. Everything is from scratch. The table is set. The décor is fall. I would shoot for House Beautiful magazine layout perfection every year. I'd fail miserably, but I'd shoot for it!
Yeah, my table never looks like that, except in my head. LOL
I'm going to level with you all - we are a rather twisted family. I can promise you, we have more in common with the Addams Family than The Cleavers. If we were left to our own devices (and wouldn't draw complete ostracization from our neighbors and end up having warrants put out on us by code enforcement officers), we would probably live in a "haunted house" all year 'round. Since I can't, and since I don't have unlimited funds to spend, let me show you what we do and how we do it cheap!
(I would love for you to come back to visit, so please SUBSCRIBE using Linky Friends or one of the other buttons I have up there at the top on the right. And find me on Facebook and Twitter, as well! )
Hey, there, sunshines!! As we scoot into our last days of November, I don't know about you, but I am finding Christmas coming at me like...
Hi, everyone! If you follow me on FACEBOOK , you saw that I posted a sneak peek of today's project. I have to say, this one is so from...
Hey, there! I'm so glad you stopped by today! Got a chair makeover that I am really excited to share with you! If you follow me over...
Hi there! I'm going to start this blog off with a small job I did over the holidays. This is going to be a simple project, but an e...
If you know me or have noticed the plethora of pictures and links scattered around the side columns of my blog, you know I'm a big adv...
You have heard, I'm sure, the old adage "The cobbler's children go barefoot," right? Well, unless you are talki...
The Hubster was off this past Thursday and Friday and he decided to surprise me! You will have to either guess what he surprised me with o...
Last week, in one of my warts-and-all moments, I shared with you the disaster zone that was my closet. Before I could tackle all the fun ...
Hi, y'all!! I'm so glad you are here! This is the post I shared on Sugar Bee Crafts last week, but I wanted to share it here, too, i...
Hi, guys! I wanted to run this post again, because I've gotten many absolutely wonderful new followers and commenters. Since I am on-th...
- The Owl
- The Week in Review
- The Entryway
- The Lemp Brewery
- Trail’s End
- The Cemetery
- The Cemetery Gates
- Bee Tree House (of HORROR! Hahaha)
- The Week in Review
- The Deer That (Almost) Got Away…
- I Wish I Had A Time-Turner…
- New Life for an Old Bike
- Abandoned Barge
- The Riverwalk
- The River Barge
- The Week in Review
- Shop ‘Til You Drop!
- The River Bird
- First Snow–The Tree
- First Snow–The Girl Child
- Riding The Rails…
- Urban Destruction
- Oh, Look, More Shapes…
- Beauty Underneath
- My Trifecta of Trite
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (26)