This is going to be a long post, but it's important. Why? Because bullying is big news right now, both in my community and in the world today. Don't believe me?
- A local school district is dealing with a bullying incident involving a reference to the Newtown shooter and Instagram.
- A school shooting in California seems to have been triggered by bullying.
- Just last week, a little ten-year-old girl committed suicide because of bullying.
- A local mom/blogger I follow had to take her daughter's case of bullying to the local news.
- A friend of my daughter's is the victim of an on-going bullying campaign by a classmate.
- Even my own daughter, who is successful, well-liked, and self-confident, and actually is not your normal victim-type, was the target of someone creating a porn account in her name.
Believe me, there is nothing like dealing with a situation like that head-on and in real life to learn all the ins and outs real quick. But, I'm going to share it with you - with her permission - so you can be aware and proactive.
Bullying is everywhere. And this is my daughter's story.