- Hi! Glad you're here! Here's a bit about me:I married a Musician With A Day Job from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1990. We have two sons, one daughter, five dogs, one tarantula, and some project always in the works! I am a Rescue Transporter and Animal Welfare Advocate. I'm also a lover all things photography, vintage, retro, DIY, decor, design, sewing, furniture refinishing, upcycling, & repurposing. My hobbies include technology, music, video games, and I particularly adore old movies (especially silent and classic horror movies).Together with The Hubs and our friend, Jay Swisher, we created our business, Shona Skye Creative. We offer photography services and products including portrait photography, corporate photography, jewelry, music, unique one-of-a-link Cosplay props, and decor. We sell our items and services online, at faires and festivals, and by word of mouth. We hope you'll share us!If you would like to know some more weird facts about me (because I *am* weird), click HERE.If you ever have a question or need to contact me, don't even hesitate! Just click HERE.And, BTW, I adore comments and I respond to each and everyone - by E-Mail! So, if you are a NO-REPLY commenter, check out THIS LINK to fix that, so I can chat with you!
What I'm Pinning
Shona Skye Creative by Kristy M Creighton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.shonaskye.com by Kristy M Creighton
Today, it's all about decorating - one wall! Yep, I'm nothing if not methodical! Or maybe anal...or super-picky...or maybe I'm just lazy...
Hi, everyone! If you follow me on FACEBOOK, you saw that I posted a sneak peek of today's project. I have to say, this one is so from-the-hip that I wasn't sure if it would turn out a project success or a project fail. (But, you know me - you've would have seen the report either way, warts-and-all girl that I am! LOL)
But, as it turns out, this simple tutorial is well-worth sharing, in my honest opinion! I even got unsolicited thumbs up from all the normally-disinterested men in my family! So, maybe I should have titled this post "Decide on something you don't have, hit your trash dumpsters, grab whatever you have in the garage, and hope for the best!"
Hi, there!! I'm so glad you could stop by on this first Monday in December! What did y'all do this weekend? Me? Well, my mum-in-law kicked off the holiday season as she does every year - with a Christmas Kickoff Party! She always has a theme. Last year, it was a pajama party and we all showed up in our comfiest jammies. This year, she decided it was a Wear-A-Hat party. You had to come in a hat - one you made, bought, Christmas, not Christmas - anything you wanted. I won "Cutest Hat Wearer" and got a bottle of wine, which is always appreciated, if you know me. I do love my wine! This was my award-winning hat:
The Hubster was off this past Thursday and Friday and he decided to surprise me! You will have to either guess what he surprised me with or wait until the end of this post, but I will say this - his surprise, while totally awesome, presented me with a decorating challenge. The upside of getting hit with a new decorating challenge is, of course, having new blog post fodder, right? And, so, voila!
Last week, in one of my warts-and-all moments, I shared with you the disaster zone that was my closet. Before I could tackle all the fun stuff of making my bedroom over into the oasis/sanctuary of my dreams, I knew I had to tackle this mess:
So, after gathering some great goodies to make over my master bedroom, I forced myself to knuckle down and turn this mess into a workable clothes closet!
You have heard, I'm sure, the old adage "The cobbler's children go barefoot," right? Well, unless you are talking about cherry cobbler (and why would we be talking about cherry cobbler?), the same can sometimes be said of rehabbers and decorators!
While I love making things pretty for others, my own bedroom has been a room I avoid like the plague. I hate to be in there. At night, I can't turn out the lights quickly enough. Believe me, it's not inspiring any magic that one might hope to have in a bedroom. It's just BLAH! I hate blah. I make it presentable when I have people over and they need to be able to put their purses on my bed.
So, basically, I clean the room for other people's purses and so I don't die from a coordinated dust bunny attack while I'm asleep.
I didn't intend to do a full makeover. Really, I just meant to throw a new coat of paint on the walls...
First of all, your sanctuary should be inviting! You should want to spend time there, rest there, read there, snuggle with the spouse there, bounce on the bed with the kids there! Mine has long since lost most of its inviting qualities. Plus, it's small. Small-ish. And dove gray. Which sounded charming in theory, but is actually B-O-R-I-N-G in real life.
Hey, there, sunshines!! As we scoot into our last days of November, I don't know about you, but I am finding Christmas coming at me like...
Hi, everyone! If you follow me on FACEBOOK , you saw that I posted a sneak peek of today's project. I have to say, this one is so from...
Hey, there! I'm so glad you stopped by today! Got a chair makeover that I am really excited to share with you! If you follow me over...
Hi there! I'm going to start this blog off with a small job I did over the holidays. This is going to be a simple project, but an e...
If you know me or have noticed the plethora of pictures and links scattered around the side columns of my blog, you know I'm a big adv...
You have heard, I'm sure, the old adage "The cobbler's children go barefoot," right? Well, unless you are talki...
The Hubster was off this past Thursday and Friday and he decided to surprise me! You will have to either guess what he surprised me with o...
Hi, y'all!! I'm so glad you are here! This is the post I shared on Sugar Bee Crafts last week, but I wanted to share it here, too, i...
Last week, in one of my warts-and-all moments, I shared with you the disaster zone that was my closet. Before I could tackle all the fun ...
Hi, guys! I wanted to run this post again, because I've gotten many absolutely wonderful new followers and commenters. Since I am on-th...
- Wordless Wednesday
- Ugh! Computer Problems!
- The Monday Morning "Goodwill Hunting" Report (Tues...
- The "WTWTW" Friday Movie Review!
- Paying It Forward, Jayden-Style
- Master Bedroom Makeover Update - Decorating Ideas!...
- "It's OK" Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday
- Enabling E-Mail Replies For Google+ and Classic Bl...
- The Monday Morning "Goodwill Hunting" Report
- The "WTWTW" Friday Movie Review
- Support - Pumpkin Pie Style
- It's OK Thursday
- Reclaimed Deck Wood Coat Rack Tutorial
- Wordless Wednesday
- Busy-ness and being The Sandwich Generation
- Painting The Bedroom & Amazon Paint Review
- ▼ December (18)