Earlier this fall, The Hubs and I visited the World Bird Sanctuary here in St. Louis and saw some of the most gorgeous and, in some cases, endangered birds anywhere. The residents of the Sanctuary are there because they’ve been injured or for some reason cannot survive in the wild on their own. We got several fun pictures, but I particularly loved this guy:
- Hi! Glad you're here! Here's a bit about me:I married a Musician With A Day Job from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1990. We have two sons, one daughter, five dogs, one tarantula, and some project always in the works! I am a Rescue Transporter and Animal Welfare Advocate. I'm also a lover all things photography, vintage, retro, DIY, decor, design, sewing, furniture refinishing, upcycling, & repurposing. My hobbies include technology, music, video games, and I particularly adore old movies (especially silent and classic horror movies).Together with The Hubs and our friend, Jay Swisher, we created our business, Shona Skye Creative. We offer photography services and products including portrait photography, corporate photography, jewelry, music, unique one-of-a-link Cosplay props, and decor. We sell our items and services online, at faires and festivals, and by word of mouth. We hope you'll share us!If you would like to know some more weird facts about me (because I *am* weird), click HERE.If you ever have a question or need to contact me, don't even hesitate! Just click HERE.And, BTW, I adore comments and I respond to each and everyone - by E-Mail! So, if you are a NO-REPLY commenter, check out THIS LINK to fix that, so I can chat with you!
What I'm Pinning
Shona Skye Creative by Kristy M Creighton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.shonaskye.com by Kristy M Creighton
Powered by Blogger.
10/26/2012 at 8:00 AM | By: Kristy Creighton
If you know me or have noticed the plethora of pictures and links scattered around the side columns of my blog, you know I'm a big advocate for animal welfare and promoting adoption and rescue over shopping the pet stores that are frequently stocked by puppy mills. I want to share some facts today that are very near and dear to my heart, plus share a DIY tutorial for dog toys that my daughter's Girl Scout troop made to donate to Open Door Animal Sanctuary, our local no-kill animal shelter that the troop volunteers for during the Season of Giving. And these four are a few of the reasons why this issue is so near and dear to my heart:
Animal Welfare Bedrooms Before and After Blog Hops Blogging Christmas Closets Costumes Decks Design and Decor Desks Family Stuff Features Framing Furniture Makeovers General Gifts Giveaways Goodwill Hunting Graphics Guest Posts Halloween Health Holidays Inspiration It's OK Thursday Kitchens Lighting Linked Posts Making a Difference Movie Reviews Music My .02 My Style Organization Painting Pet Adoption Pet Care Pets Photography Pinterest Project Fails Recipes Rescue Pets Reveals Reviews Room Remodels Sponsored Posts SSC Everywhere Steampunk Thanksgiving The Basement Gypsies The Week In Review Thrifting Time Management Tips and Tricks Upcycling Valentine's Day Vignettes Wall Art Windows Wordless Wednesday
Hey, there, sunshines!! As we scoot into our last days of November, I don't know about you, but I am finding Christmas coming at me like...
Hi, everyone! If you follow me on FACEBOOK , you saw that I posted a sneak peek of today's project. I have to say, this one is so from...
Hey, there! I'm so glad you stopped by today! Got a chair makeover that I am really excited to share with you! If you follow me over...
Hi there! I'm going to start this blog off with a small job I did over the holidays. This is going to be a simple project, but an e...
If you know me or have noticed the plethora of pictures and links scattered around the side columns of my blog, you know I'm a big adv...
You have heard, I'm sure, the old adage "The cobbler's children go barefoot," right? Well, unless you are talki...
The Hubster was off this past Thursday and Friday and he decided to surprise me! You will have to either guess what he surprised me with o...
Last week, in one of my warts-and-all moments, I shared with you the disaster zone that was my closet. Before I could tackle all the fun ...
Hi, y'all!! I'm so glad you are here! This is the post I shared on Sugar Bee Crafts last week, but I wanted to share it here, too, i...
Hi, guys! I wanted to run this post again, because I've gotten many absolutely wonderful new followers and commenters. Since I am on-th...
- The Owl
- The Week in Review
- The Entryway
- The Lemp Brewery
- Trail’s End
- The Cemetery
- The Cemetery Gates
- Bee Tree House (of HORROR! Hahaha)
- The Week in Review
- The Deer That (Almost) Got Away…
- I Wish I Had A Time-Turner…
- New Life for an Old Bike
- Abandoned Barge
- The Riverwalk
- The River Barge
- The Week in Review
- Shop ‘Til You Drop!
- The River Bird
- First Snow–The Tree
- First Snow–The Girl Child
- Riding The Rails…
- Urban Destruction
- Oh, Look, More Shapes…
- Beauty Underneath
- My Trifecta of Trite
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (26)