- Hi! Glad you're here! Here's a bit about me:I married a Musician With A Day Job from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1990. We have two sons, one daughter, five dogs, one tarantula, and some project always in the works! I am a Rescue Transporter and Animal Welfare Advocate. I'm also a lover all things photography, vintage, retro, DIY, decor, design, sewing, furniture refinishing, upcycling, & repurposing. My hobbies include technology, music, video games, and I particularly adore old movies (especially silent and classic horror movies).Together with The Hubs and our friend, Jay Swisher, we created our business, Shona Skye Creative. We offer photography services and products including portrait photography, corporate photography, jewelry, music, unique one-of-a-link Cosplay props, and decor. We sell our items and services online, at faires and festivals, and by word of mouth. We hope you'll share us!If you would like to know some more weird facts about me (because I *am* weird), click HERE.If you ever have a question or need to contact me, don't even hesitate! Just click HERE.And, BTW, I adore comments and I respond to each and everyone - by E-Mail! So, if you are a NO-REPLY commenter, check out THIS LINK to fix that, so I can chat with you!
What I'm Pinning
Shona Skye Creative by Kristy M Creighton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.shonaskye.com by Kristy M Creighton
Powered by Blogger.
11/19/2012 at 8:00 AM | By: Kristy Creighton
Hi, guys!! Oh my gosh, I'm glad to be back! I was SUCH a bad blogger last week. The first part of my week, I was in pain and then got sick towards the middle of the week. I felt like crap! Finally, I just decided to start fresh this week, so here I am! And I'm so glad you are, too! Love you guys!
I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend before Turkey Day, but right off the bat, Saturday morning, my mom-in-law (whose kitchen I remodeled over this past summer) called and said that the dishwasher we had bought her twenty years ago had finally died. If you remember, when we did her budget kitchen makeover, that black dishwasher was a dark spot in an otherwise bright and cheery kitchen, so I can't say I was too bummed to hear it was time for a new one.
We spent the first half of our Saturday price shopping for the best value for her buck. She doesn't run her dishwasher everyday, so heavy duty options weren't all that important for her. And, having gotten twenty years out of that Kenmore we bought her when we were first married, I was happy to end up back at Sears with her buying another Kenmore. (I teased her that, if she got another twenty years out of this one, she'd be 102 and most likely not doing her own dishes anymore. I could be wrong, though. The woman is a dynamo!)
Fortunately, pulling the old one out and putting the new one back in wasn't too tough. My husband has put in a few of these over the years. The worst part was when I stepped over him and accidentally knocked the block he was using the hold the unit up while he connected the wires underneath out and it fell on his forearm, but we won't talk about that. (I made up for it anyway, by getting under there and connecting the water pipe for him, since he was getting a little frustrated.)
The new white dishwasher makes a big difference in the kitchen, I think! My mom-in-law was so happy, she made us dinner - although I think that may have been as much to have a reason to run the dishwasher. LOL
I gotta tell you, though, it was slim pickings at the Goodwills and thrift stores this week. My mom-in-law had broken the handle on her crock pot lid and I did find a lid that had a handle that would work as a replacement. So that was a nice $5 fix.
If you follow The Hubster's blog, Haver Wisdom, he is discussing how he lost 100lbs. over the last year and how he maintains both the weight loss and his new, healthy lifestyle. The downside, though, is that he seems to always be in need of new clothes. I'm a little leery of paying top dollar for clothes that may not fit in him in a month or so, so I've been picking up nice items at the thrift stores that he can re-donate once they are too big for him. I picked up these two nice sweaters Sunday for $3.00 and $1.50. Love those Sunday Half-Off Sales at our local Red Racks thrift store!
The only other thing I picked up this weekend was the third and final fake ficus tree that I needed for the back deck. Since it is off-season, I picked it up for a measly $8!
Repainting that sundial is definitely on my Spring To-Do List! LOL Now, I have one tree in each corner of the canopy, with the fourth corner taken up by my storage/TV cabinet! So, I decided to finish my weekend with a nice fire and a cup of coffee, bundled up with a blanket, while I caught up on the news!
It's going to be a short blog-week, with Turkey Day this Thursday. I'm excited to be running my first movie review later this week, though! My brother, Chad, is a huge movie fan and has been writing reviews for films for a long time and he has agreed to let me share his reviews once a week here! I'm going to run them on Thursdays, so you might find something to see in theaters or that is new to rent for your weekend! However, since this week, Thursday is Thanksgiving, I'm going to run Chad's first review on Wednesday, so keep an eye out for that!
Animal Welfare Animals Bedrooms Before and After Blog Hops Blogging Christmas Closets Costumes Decks Design and Decor Desks Family Stuff Features Framing Furniture Makeovers General Gifts Giveaways Goodwill Hunting Graphics Guest Posts Halloween Health Holidays Inspiration It's OK Thursday Kitchens Lighting Linked Posts Making a Difference Movie Reviews Music My .02 My Style Organization Painting Pet Adoption Pet Care Pets Photography Pinterest Portrait Services Project Fails Recipes Rescue Pets Reveals Reviews Room Remodels Sponsored Posts SSC Everywhere St Louis Attractions Steampunk Thanksgiving The Basement Gypsies The Week In Review Thrifting Time Management Tips and Tricks Upcycling Valentine's Day Vignettes Wall Art Windows Wordless Wednesday
Hey, there, sunshines!! As we scoot into our last days of November, I don't know about you, but I am finding Christmas coming at me like...
Hi, everyone! If you follow me on FACEBOOK , you saw that I posted a sneak peek of today's project. I have to say, this one is so from...
Hey, there! I'm so glad you stopped by today! Got a chair makeover that I am really excited to share with you! If you follow me over...
Hi there! I'm going to start this blog off with a small job I did over the holidays. This is going to be a simple project, but an e...
If you know me or have noticed the plethora of pictures and links scattered around the side columns of my blog, you know I'm a big adv...
You have heard, I'm sure, the old adage "The cobbler's children go barefoot," right? Well, unless you are talki...
The Hubster was off this past Thursday and Friday and he decided to surprise me! You will have to either guess what he surprised me with o...
Hi, y'all!! I'm so glad you are here! This is the post I shared on Sugar Bee Crafts last week, but I wanted to share it here, too, i...
Last week, in one of my warts-and-all moments, I shared with you the disaster zone that was my closet. Before I could tackle all the fun ...
Hi, guys! I wanted to run this post again, because I've gotten many absolutely wonderful new followers and commenters. Since I am on-th...
- Getting to Know Me
- The WTWTW Friday Movie Review!
- It's OK Thursday
- A Tisket, A Tasket, A Nifty, Gifty Basket!
- Wordless Wednesday
- A Cat-Like Curiosity: A Wonderful Story That Will ...
- New Feature! "What To Watch This Weekend" Movie Re...
- Giving Thanks for My "Riches"
- The Open-Door Thanksgiving
- Guest Posting at Sugar Bee Crafts!
- Monday's "Goodwill Hunting" Report
- Thoughts On Our Country
- The Shed: Socks for Sandy: Helping Sandy's Victims...
- The Monday "Goodwill Hunting" Report
- It’s My Birthday and My Warts-And-All To-Dream Lis...
- ▼ November (15)