Well, I gotta tell you, seriously, I’m all speechless and blushy and stuff! I was nominated for my first blog award!! Can we say OH-EM-GEE here?!
Holly at Not Done Growing is the wonderful and very generous blogger who nominated me for the Liebster Award and I am just so honored that she did! You should check out her blog! It is just chock-full of inspiration and joy! Her positivity is so uplifting and, to top it off, Holly started the Not Done Growing Honor Roll, which not only spotlights bloggers who make contributions to various charities, but also matches those contributions! I just love that - creating community to make a difference!
What is a Liebster Blog Award? you ask?
The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German for sweetest, valued, welcome, and/or favorite. To think that Holly felt my little blog was deserving of such an award is really humbling!
OK, now for the Liebster Blog Award Rules:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer
- Choose 11 inspiring bloggers and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them
- No tag backs! Nominate 11 other new bloggers!
1) My absolute favorite holiday is Halloween! I would live in a real life haunted house and be creepy all year around if I could! And I believe in ghosts.
2) I read really trashy romance novels right alongside of what is generally considered to be more elevating literature. LOL My Kindle has over 600 books on it right now and almost 100 are bodice-rippers.
3) I collect silent movies on DVD when I can find them. One of the best I got recently was John Barrymore’s silent version of “Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.” And Turner Classic Movies is on all day in my house.
4) When I was a kid, I wanted to be a writer and a world traveller. My favorite name for my lead character was “Mark.” My favorite country was Scotland and I would ask for Fodor’s travel books about it. Fast forward fifteen years and I ended up marrying a guy from Glasgow named Mark! How freaky is that? We’ve been married for 22 years and have three kids!
5) I am a major history buff and armchair archaeologist. I read anything I can find on discoveries anywhere in the world. Nothing is more fascinating.
6) I cuss like a sailor. I have invented my own cusswords, because I run out. True story! And I’m the most sarcastic person you will ever meet.
7) My first favorite music was popular standards from the 30s and 40s (i.e. Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, etc). My grandfather did much of my upbringing and to this day, I love jazz and the blues!
8) I know every single word to “Jesus Christ Superstar” and will sing it sometimes, start to finish, for no reason (usually when I’m alone LOL).
9) I want to start my own business in the spring, an offshoot of my Shona Skye Creations blog. I’m really excited and really nervous!
10) I don’t know my left from my right without checking, but I know the compass points instinctively. If we are in the car and you tell me to turn right, I have to quickly ascertain which hand I write with.
11) I’m the worst liar in the world. I can’t even pull off the courteous “white lie”, like telling someone they look nice if they don’t.
Holly’s 11 Questions For Me:
1) What is your favorite ice cream?
Reese’s peanut butter cup Blizzards. Hands down.
2) What is the best book you’ve read in the last year?
Gah, this is hard. I read a lot, but I would have to say The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova.
3) You have just won an all-expense-paid vacation to the destination of your choice, where do you want to go?
Scotland of course! LOL
4) What song always makes you happier when you listen to it?
“C’mon Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners
5) Are you going to have a scary or funny jack-o-lantern for Halloween?
Definitely scary. I’m not a cutsy Halloween person. LOL
6) When the alarm goes off in the morning, do you jump up ready to face the day or hit the snooze button as many times as possible?
Snooze button for sure!
7) Do you have any siblings?
I have three brothers (one of whom is a brilliant movie reviewer who is going to start doing reviews for Shona Skye Creations! Excited!!)
8) Is your bed made right now?
No, but The Hubster has a thing against made-up beds anyway, unless people are coming over.
9) How would you spend your time if all of a sudden you have the afternoon free and all to yourself?
I would be reading a book with an old movie on in the background.
10) Who is your favorite super hero?
Batman (Dark Knight era, not the TV show type) He’s possible and he’s an anti-hero.
11) Which is more you: sneakers or high heels?
Of the two choices, sneakers. But I spend the vast majority of my life barefoot. I almost never wear shoes, even though I have broken most of my toes at one time or another. I just leave a pair of flip-flops in my car in case I have to go in a store.
11 Questions For My Nominated Bloggers:
1) What is your all-time favorite movie?
2) Are you a salty snacks or sweets person?
3) Are you a ducks-in-a-row organized person or a procrastinator?
4) What is your secret vice or weakness?
5) What made you decide to start blogging?
6) If you had to pick three words to describe yourself, what would they be?
7) What is your biggest goal for the next year?
8) If you could live in any country or any time in history, where/when would it be?
9) Are you a pet person? If so, what kind of pet?
10) What hobby do people have that you generally can’t stand doing or aren’t good at?
11) What is the next skill, hobby, or craft you would like to learn?
Again, I want to thank Holly at Not Done Growing for nominating me for this award! It was so much fun and very much appreciated!
My 11 Liebster Award Nominees:
1) Ruth at Not So Super Scottish Mummy
2) Nici at Posed Perfection
3) Casandra at Made Down South
4) Jenn at Jenn's Random Scraps
5) Molly at 100% Molly-Made
6) Cindy at Cloches And Lavender
7) Mrs. Peanut Layne at Life on Peanut Layne
8) Kelly at The Moon And Me
9) Laura at Hoosier Life, Hoosier Wife
10) Erin at Erin's 2 Centz
11) Athena at Minerva's Garden